Monday, March 30, 2009

Customer Profile: Spider Robber

With the economy being as bad as it is, people are bound to do strange things. In fact, the bank next door had been roobed twice in tha last two weeks. My job has thus been doing constant safety updates, just to make sure we are aware of what to do in emergencies. Let's just say I don't pay attention that well.

It had been a very busy Friday night, and I was almost at my last strand, The only thing keeping me happy was knowing that tomorrow I would be going to watch all of LotR and drinking copious amounts of booze.

I get down to one of my last customers of the night, and I'm actually starting to get happy. I'm in the middle of ringing up this customer's unseemly large amount of products, when a guy in a SpiderMan mask walks up and stands behind him. He just stood there smiling. Proud of himself.

"What the FUCK do you think you are doing?"

"What? Noone's told me to take it off yet."

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE!"

"But I've been in five stores already and noone's had a problem with it yet!"

"Take off that fucking mask, and get the fuck out of my store before I fuck you up!"

Now, those of you that know me, and have heard of my stunning displays of dexterity (or lack there of) will laugh at the thought of me getting at this guy with a cart between us. But that is neither here or there. What matters is that the guy quickly leaves my store. Score one for me.

Then I hear my manager's voice behind me. She simply tells me to finish ringing up the current customer. He is shocked, but understands completely what happened.

So does my manager, it turns out. I tell my head manager, and guess what?

The mother fucker saw this creep walking around, with the mask on. And he said he was "cool." WTF? I'm glad to know that someone being intresting is more important than employee safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment