Friday, March 27, 2009

Customer Profile: Thor Guy

At my store, we have many regular customers. Customer Profiles will try and recount the stories of the most notable ones.

When I first met Thor Guy, I noticed a small, sterling sliver hammer hanging round his neck. The hammer, hanging down from the handle, had intricate "Celtic knots" on the head. Putting two-and-two together, I surmised that, most likely, this man was supposed to have Mjöllnir around his neck.

Being the friendly clerk that I am, I made polite conversation about the hammer. The guy freaked out, elated that he has "finally met someone that can pronounce the name right." We talk a little more, until I get more customers in my line.

This guy returns roughly once a month, to bulk up on his needed supplies. (Sorry, but I'm not gonna let you guys track what people buy here) One day, it is storming incredibly bad. This being normal in my part of the world, I am not to put down by the weather. In through my doors walks Thor Guy. I aknowledge his existance, and let him go on with his shopping.

This guy, with his claimed "worship of Thor" should have been happy with the weather as it was. I comment on it, and how it was a lovely day for the God of Thunder. Thor Guy just shrugged and sighed, replying," I've had to stay inside all day, due to the rain."

I almost slapped the bitch right there. Instead, I sold him his purchases, chastised him for not venerating his Deity properly, and told him he will not be getting into Valhalla with that attitude.

I have not seen Thor Guy since, and I hope he is off somewhere, pillaging, killing, but not raping (as that is bad), some poor European village.

No comments:

Post a Comment